Horror As Man D!es After Choking On Piece Of Meat During Pub Lunch

A Liverpool bricklayer died accidentally of choking earlier this year after going out for a pub lunch.

Described as a “big, friendly giant”, Martin Peter Weir, 26, of Broom Way in Halewood, began to gag on a piece of meat as he dined at the Mersey View public house in Halebank on April 10, reports the Liverpool Echo.

North West Ambulance Service were called and he was rushed to nearby Whiston Hospital, but he sadly died despite the best efforts of the medical team there.

At Whiston’s A&E department, treatment was carried out on Martin, including ventilation and adrenaline, but a short time later it was agreed to stop resuscitation efforts.

Sefton Coroner’s Court held an inquest into his death on August 15, where the hearing heard how Martin suffered with a condition which affected his ability to swallow.

Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson, though, said that the choking episode was “not anticipated or intended” and was therefore likely “on the balance of probability, an accidental event”.

Leave a Reply